Home Forums Development Default locations of the files/libraries

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tomhajjar
    Participant

It would be helpful to be able to change the default locations of the files/libraries. It was an option on the original Qucs.

Tonigau
      Participant

This is a big one for me !,  I don’t understand why this would be removed as being able to choose where data files are located is fundamental to using a good app,  & QucsStudio is a very good app.

I don’t store my data files on the root C: drive,  D: is for all my data, makes backup a breeze , if I get a drive full the OS is still happy. I don’t have data cluttering up my boot partition image backups.

Please reinstate the data home folder select option, it will be immensely appreciated.

Regards

Attachments:
        QucsStudio
        Keymaster

This is possible. Please read the program help (F1 key) or the following thread on this forum:

http://qucsstudio.de/forums/topic/change-directory-where-the-projects-are-saved/

tomhajjar
          Participant

I’m having trouble getting this to work. I have both versions of QucsStudio in separate folders as well as Qucs.

C:\QucsStudio – 2.5.7

C:\QucsStudio – 3.3.2

2.5.7 only gave a warning about incompatible libraries in “user_lib”.  3.3.2 won’t load it’s “built-in” libraries like Z-Diodes nor User libraries due to finding “other” incompatible libraries in “C:\Users\Tom Hajjar\.qucs\user_lib”

My goal is to put QucsStudio User files in a new folder “C:\Users\Tom Hajjar\.qucsstudio” to segregate QucsStudio from Qucs.

Unfortunately I haven’t figured out what QucsStudio shortcut property changes that work.

tomhajjar
            Participant

I created the following folder and put some test projects and an empty user_lib folder.

C:\Users\Tom Hajjar\.qucsstudio

Using a Dos prompt I get the following results:

tomhajjar
              Participant

Finally got it working. Needed to accurately follow your instructions…

qucs.exe -”c:\Users\Tom Hajjar\.qucsstudio”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.