Home Forums Usage Frequency Dependent Device

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    WN2A
    Participant

Hello,

Maybe I am missing the obvious, but I am trying to simulate a frequency dependent resistor within a subcircuit. The top level circuit will do a S-Parameter simulation, and I am trying (without success) to pass the frequency down to the subcircuit so it can simulate a frequency-dependent resistor. I have tried to use the equation block in the top level circuit to create a new variable name, but no success in passing it to the subcircuit. It is odd that I can display this new variable in a graph or table, but I cannot work with it in a simulation.

ex: Equation 1

Fract=frequency*2

I can create the Cartesian Graph or a Table of Fract (and frequency), but cannot make it control behaviour of a  component, in that top level circuit or any subcircuit.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Mike

denzchoe
      Participant

Any luck with this work. I am trying to find the reserved word for frequency, so I can do the same thing with a frequency dependent device. I can’t find it anywhere.

WN2A
        Participant

denzchoe,

No. I have not seen (or tried) anything further than the original post. My “work-around” is to use frequency as a constant. There may be a way for QucsStudio to work with it as a variable, just have not found it.  I will look into it further, since I am still interested.  Let us know if you find a solution.

Thanks,

WN2A

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.