Home Forums Usage How create a library (or user library) of sNp-files ?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SM6PGP
    Participant

Hi !

I am searching for info about how to create a library of sNp-files ?

It is a new feature of 4.2.2, but how ?

What is the syntax of the file I should create, where do I place it and add it ?

73 – Hannes -SM6PGP

QucsStudio
    Keymaster

In the main menu “Project” choose “Import Library…”, then select the files and enter a name for the new library. Finally, press “Convert” button.

That’s all, good luck!

SM6PGP
    Participant

Thanks !

Very nice function, I imported some ATC-cap s2p-files to try, simulation is ok

…but when I imported the files, I did choose “capacitor” as symbol but the symbol is still the ordinary square box.
    Even if I choose “edit” i the library view and change from “none” to capacitor it does not change.
    I can only change the symbol it by editing in the “Edit Component Properties” window in a schematic.

73 – Hannes – SM6PGP

QucsStudio
    Keymaster

Yes, the symbol combobox is currently for SPICE subcircuits only. You should not use it for sNp files.

As a workaround, you can choose “edit” and in the “model” field append the following line:

“polar” 0 “linear” 0 “open” 0 “none” 0 “capacitor” 0

Note: The first character in the line above is a space!

SM6PGP
    Participant

OK,  I tried the workaround, it works !

The workaround line for other component types/symbols ?

I really like that I can se the sNp-file comment text directly in the component window, this is a really nice feature!

73 – Hannes – SM6PGP

QucsStudio
    Keymaster

Fine!

For other components, the keyword “capacitor” in the above-mentioned line can be replaced by “coil”, “BJT” or “FET”.

SM6PGP
    Participant

Thanks !

It works now !

I made a quick trial before asking but made an error – I replaced “capacitor” with “inductor” which of course does not work !

73 – Hannes – SM6PGP

ddieterle
    Keymaster

The library creation from a set of s-parameter files is a really nice feature I was looking for so long…! 🙂

Is it also possible to show the component name or, if this is not feasable, the component description in the schematic?

snp_library_component_name_feature.png

You can set the file-name. This works too, but is not as readable as it would be the component name itself.

Thanks you,

Daniel.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by ddieterle.
    QucsStudio
    Keymaster

Currently, the only possibility is to use the component name of the symbol. I.e. for the example above:

In the “model” field, replace the second token “SP” with “_15SQ47N_”.

Note that a component name must not begin with a digit, therefore the underscore at the beginning. And the schematic editor will append a number at the end in order to make the string unique, therefore the underscore at the end (for better readability).

Good luck!

ddieterle
    Keymaster

Fine, the work around does the job. Now the component name is shown as the reference designator and incremented when drag-n-drop a new component from the library window:

As you can see compared to the old the new component description is much more easier to read:

If there is some spare time left: Might it be possible to set the two points (Bugfix: symbol combobox for sNp symbols. New feature: Reference designator as a new component property, instead of using the component name as a reference designator) on a remarks list, so that if there are changes made in the future they would be incorporated?

Thanks a lot for your non-exhaustive commitment,

Daniel.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by ddieterle.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.