Home Forums General things New forum

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Didier CELI
    Participant

How to attach files in the new forum? Is it possible?

ddieterle
      Keymaster

Hi Didier,

images can now be inserted inline with the following menu button in visual editor mode:

General files can now be attached in the “Upload Attachements” section below the text editor:

After the reply submit the attachements are shown below the reply as a downloadable file:

Best regards,

Daniel.

Didier CELI
        Participant

Hi Daniel,
          Thanks you very much for this new feature.
          Are you aware that some people have difficulties to register to the new forum? How to solve this issue?
          Best regards,
          Didier

ddieterle
          Keymaster

Hi Didier,

all site modifications and new features get a short functional test before releasing/communicating them. During user registration tests I observed no problems yet.

Can you describe the difficulties which some users have?

Any hint would be useful.

Thank you and best regards,

Daniel.

SM6PGP
            Participant

Hi Daniel !

Thanks for the new forum, it looks really nice !

There is one thing that I have been thinking about –

If I go to the first/start page I can not see that there have been new posts – I have to go into each sub-topic to find out if there are any new posts.

Right now – first page shows under “General things” last post 3 weeks 5 days ago, but if you go into General things it shows that last post was 1 hour 1 min ago.

I tried to reload the first page but it is still the same. Any work around or ideas how to easily see if new posts have been done ?

Best RGDs

Hannes/SM6PGP

Didier CELI
              Participant

Hello Daniel,
                Personally, I needed to redo several times the registration before to succeed, but I do not remember exactly the issue (certainly with the password)
                My colleague ZHU reported to me the following issue. If you want to have more details, please contact him directly.
                “As a first step I tried to register with my old Username and password. Refused, telling that these were existing. Then tried to change the Username, refused saying the e-mail address is occupied. Then selected an other e-mail in our household. The password however did not arrive. That was the point I contacted Michael. He passed the problem to Daniel who solved the issue. Still I use the km long password with permanent login. After I received 3 messages from WordPress. Do not want to run a risk again”
                Best regards
                Didier

ddieterle
                Keymaster

Hi Hannes,

the issue seems to be solved by a forum/frontend/backend (?) software update. Meanwhile the “Last Post” time stamp seems to be correct:

I had a look at the issue as you wrote the reply but could not solve it. Some problems get solved on its own… 😉

Best regards,

Daniel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.