Home Forums Bug Reports Qucs 4.3.1 just crashes (closes no warning) on Project Open

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lbengineer
    Participant

As per title – Qucs 431 just crashes (closes when I try to open an existing project

Qucs 332 works.

There are about 30 sch files and a bunch of other things there.

Carsten
      Participant

Could you provide one of the “evil” 😉 schematics?

If you start qs from the command line, is there a message after the crash?

lbengineer
        Participant

running qucs.exe from the command line does not show anything on crash (Is there a verbose / debug flag?)

The directory has a lot of files (maybe a few from qucs-3.3). There is some proprietary stuff so I can’t easily share.

But I think there is some more significant problem – because just creating a project – no files in c:/users/username/.qucs/test2_prj

and opening it causes the immediate crash of QS.

Opening a couple of the files are fine – it’s when I open Project that QucsStudio crashes.

It crashes even with an empty project htat I

Carsten
          Participant

That sounds tough. I didn’t had similar problems. Probably only Michael can help.

What windows version are you using? e.g. win10 Pro ?H? Maybe that’s a useful info for Michael.

Could you try to move the complete qs program folder to another pc and try it there?

You could also try it with an “empty” .qucs folder (just rename .qucs into .qucs_old and create a new empty .qucs folder)
            If that helps, you can populate the .qucs folder with the stuff from .qucs_old step by step and see when it fails

gazz
            Participant

I’m seeing something similar. Since I was forced to upgrade from win8.1 to win10 opening a project folder causes a windows pop up and Qucs 4.3.1 exits

rosti75
              Participant

Qucs opens a project without crashing only when the project is located in the default folder .qucs.

If I open a project in another location, it crashes.

It crashed both in Windows 10 and Windows 11.

rosti75
                Participant

Hello. I right-clicked on the qucs.exe and ran “Troubleshoot Compatibility”. It is compatible with Windows 8. I saved the setting. Now when I start it and open a project, it doesn’t crash.

gazz
                  Participant

Thanks, running in windows 8 compatibilty worked for me

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by gazz.

I have been forced to use Windows 11 and I cannot open a project from the .qucs directory without a segmentation fault.  I have been looking to see how to increase the stack size for applications running on Windows 11 but I haven’t had much luck so far.  I look forward to hearing from anyone with any ideas?

Anonymous

There is an easy workaround for this:

Close QucsStudio > Open QucsStudio > from the “Projects” pane, doubleclick on the project you want to open.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.