Home Forums Development RF System Analysis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dom
    Participant

Hi,

I would love to see a feature where you can connect a series of components (RF amps, attenuators, digital step attenuators, switches, filters, s2p files, and mixers) and simulate the harmonic performance and amplitude levels at each stage. Something akin to what ADS has here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BZNvN3kb7E

Would be happy to help in the implementation..

ddieterle
      Keymaster

Same for me: I really would appreciate this function.

Formerly I used excel.

In my last project I went with the Matlab RF Toolbox. Not bad nor too expensive with the Home license.

BR,

Daniel.

QucsStudio
        Keymaster

Seems to be a nice feature indeed. If anyone can help here that would be great!

I’m still not sure about the exact background of this simulation. The quality of the above-mentioned video is so poor that I can’t read the text. Thus, a first step would be to define how the analysis works, what features are needed, how the component models are defined etc.

Is this a spreadsheet calculation only, or a more sophisticated one?
          What effects can be simulated and where are the limits (large-signal noise, noise sidebands, …)?
          Are the vendor models in the video are built with the dataheet parameters only (gain, noise figure, IP3 etc.), or with a kind of macro model?

Wojciech SP5SMK
          Participant

I am also interested in RF system simulation

Wojciech

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.