Home Forums Bug Reports V422 crashes when simulation is launched from hierarchical schematic

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrea_63Andrea_63
    Participant

Good morning,

I found that v422 crashes if the simulation (i.e. s-parameters or AC) is launched from a schematic that contains blocks with sub circuits. I checked that previous version 332 does not crash.

Thanks.

Andrea

ehawkerehawker
      Participant

I have the same issue but only when the schematic contains a hierarchy of three levels or more, i.e. top level -> subcircuit 1 -> subcirccuit 2.

It crashes every time when I tries to launch a simulation.

QucsStudioQucsStudio
        Keymaster

I cannot reproduce this bug. A single subcircuit works as well as a nested one.

Can you share your examples? Does it always crash? What operation system do you use?

ehawkerehawker
          Participant

Attached is a simple example to show the crash. If you cannot reproduce it the first time, exit the QucsStudio, launch it again, and open only “top_level.sch” without touching anything else, then click “simulate”. This sequence crashes every time on me. I use Windows 10 but I doubt it matters.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by ehawkerehawker.
            Attachments:
            QucsStudioQucsStudio
            Keymaster

Thanks a lot for the example! I can reproduce the bug and will fix it.

Workaround: Open the subcircuit schematic before the simulation starts, i.e. select the subcircuit component and press “CTRL+i”.

ehawkerehawker
              Participant

Thank you for looking into this. Yes, I am quite aware of the workaround but as a perfectionist, I would just stay with an older version for now. And hopefully this will be fixed in the next release.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.