Home Forums Installation Corrupt Library

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    smaddy4123
    Participant

I am installing this on a PC running Windows 7 Professional and when I run the program I get an error message saying “The Library is Corrupt”.  I can click OK and the program starts and seems to run correctly except that if I select a library it shows the components for the library a line above the one selected.  If I try to create my own library it does not appear in the list.  I have tried downloading the program again but still get the same message.

I have been a long time user of QUCS and would like to move to QUCS Studio but I use a lot of my own library and this prevents me from making the transition.

Any help would be appreciated.

QucsStudio
      Keymaster

I have no idea where this come from. I’ve successfully tested QucsStudio 3.3.2 on Windows 7.

Perhaps have you an old user library in the ~\.qucs\user_lib\ directory?

Can you check if the QucsStudio\library\ directory contains reasonable files? Or maybe, do they contain wrong (Windows style) linefeeds, i.e. 0A & 0D instead of 0A only?

smaddy4123
        Participant

Thanks for your rely.  Yes I did have an old library in this directory from my old QUCS installation.  This also was fixed by specifying a different directory where projects are saved, on the command line.

I maintain the old QUCS program since there doesn’t seem to be any way to convert a QUCS file to a QUCS Studio format

Thanks for the excellent program!

QucsStudio
          Keymaster

Does this mean that the problem with the corrupt library is fixed now? Or does it still happen?

smaddy4123
            Participant

Yes it is fixed.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.