Home Forums Bug Reports MSVCP100.dll missing in octave folder

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carsten
    Participant

on ubuntu22.04 try to start example Rauschzahl.m from Project Simulation_octave:

output:
      —————————————————
      Octave process terminated.
      —————————————————

meanwhile on command line: (I started qucs from the console)

00fc:err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP100.dll (which is needed by L”Z:\\home\\snoopy\\QucsStudio\\octave\\bin\\vc100-liboctave-1.dll”) not found
      00fc:err:module:import_dll Library vc100-liboctave-1.dll (which is needed by L”Z:\\home\\snoopy\\QucsStudio\\octave\\bin\\vc100-liboctinterp-1.dll”) not found
      00fc:err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP100.dll (which is needed by L”Z:\\home\\snoopy\\QucsStudio\\octave\\bin\\vc100-liboctinterp-1.dll”) not found
      00fc:err:module:import_dll Library vc100-liboctinterp-1.dll (which is needed by L”Z:\\home\\snoopy\\QucsStudio\\octave\\bin\\octave.exe”) not found
      00fc:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Importing dlls for L”Z:\\home\\snoopy\\QucsStudio\\octave\\bin\\octave.exe” failed, status c0000135

copying MSVCP100.dll into folder \octave\\bin\ solves this problem.

But it remains:
      warning: ft_manager: unable to load font: C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/verdana.ttf

Downloading a verdana.ttf and saving in ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts reduces the Qucs warnings to
      warning: could not match any font: *-normal-normal-10

The figure is created without any labels:

The other octave examples also seem to produce errors. I’ll check that next time.

QucsStudio
      Keymaster

When Octave is run from QucsStudio, the ./QucsStudio/bin/ folder is added to the path. Thus, the DLLs don’t need to be copied on Windows. But it seems that Wine ignores this path.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any clue about the font problem. It seems you’ve done the right things… strange… !?

QucsStudio
        Keymaster

Just one idea: It might work with a different Octave version. The first entry in the “Tools” forum describes how to install it. It’s surely worth a try.

Carsten
          Participant

I just posted a reply, but it does now show up here.

It contained weblink, which usually leads to “post is moderated …..”. This message was not shown now, though

Carsten
            Participant

downloaded

https://octave.org/download
              https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/octave/windows/octave-7.3.0-w64.zip

copy complete folder mingw64 to <qucsstudio>/octave/ (backuped complete old octave folder)

deleting /bin/octave.exe and /bin/octave.bat
              renaming /bin/octave_cli.exe to /bin/octave.exe

executing example Rauschzahl.m now gives:

octave is now able to plot text but crashes

QucsStudio
              Keymaster

Hm, I don’t know where all this problems come from. Anyway, I would suggest to try a Win 32bit version, just because QucsStudio is a 32bit one.
                The UTf-8 warnings maybe come from special characters (German “Umlaute”)? I think for the first test, the most simple example is the best choice:
                x=0:0.1:6;
                y=sin(x);
                plot(x,y)

Carsten
                Participant

32bit doesn’t help:

octave window in Rauschzahl.m freezes the same way.

in “most simple example” also. (see attached png)

Carsten
                  Participant

and with octave-4.2.1-w32.zip

Should the octave ubuntu version work at all? I tried last week, but got errors. But maybe its worth another try….

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Carsten.
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.