Home Forums Bug Reports Power Source Impedance Bug 50 versus 50 Ohm versus 50 Ω

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tomhajjar
    Participant

If one opens a QucsStudio file where the Power Source port impedances are “50 Ohm” or “50” you will get different data versus a file where the port impedances are “50 Ω”.

QucStudio 2.5.7 and QucStudio 3.3.2  files I have downloaded use “50 Ohm”. I have also found some where it is “50”.  If I make a “new” QucsStudio 3.3.2  file, port impedances are “50 Ω”.

I need to test a bunch of files where port impedances are “50 Ohm” to see how they compare to port impedances “50 Ω”.

Am I missing something??

zhu
      Participant

Got nervous since s-parameter simulation is my everyday bread. A quick test with transit frequency FT did not show any difference. Could you reveal your example?

Attachments:
        tomhajjar
        Participant

I cannot say why there is different data with some files that had ac power source Z= “50 Ohm” vs “50” or “50 Ω”.  It’s possible I had converted a Qucs file to QucsStudio using a text editor and a character was corrupted. This is something I have done many times before without issue. I can only assume there is a hidden character I cannot see or QucsStudio is treating Z= “50 Ohm” vs “50” or “50 Ω” differently.

Be aware the QucsStudio Hybrid does not indicate what port in the In/Sum port. Look at the amplitude/phase data for the three “identical” schematics. S31 and S41 are different.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.