Home Forums Bug Reports Transient simulation of a bipolar transistor fails

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    azozaya
    Participant

Hi:

I have created a schematic model for the BFP640 Infineon transistor by my own editing the SPICE file (.cir) obtained from the Infineon website and importing it to QucsStudio. Although the s-parameters simulation is performed quite well, the transient simulation for an input sine wave at 1 GHz during 20 ns does fail (see the attached snapshot). In order to check my model, I have used the same SPICE model in LTSpice and I have obtained the correct results (see the attached snapshot). Perhaps I doing something wrong in QucsStudio.

Thanks

zhu
      Participant

The configuration settings are not shown: the integration method must have been very likely the default “Trapezoidal”. Experiment with the Gear methods from Properties\Gear1 upwards.

Attachments:
        azozaya
        Participant

Thanks Zhu for your answer, but I have already proved all the integration methods without succeed

QucsStudio
          Keymaster

Can you share the schematic files? Otherwise it’s not possible to investigate the problem.

azozaya
            Participant

Attached you will find the schematics

azozaya
              Participant

Attached you will find the schematics (I hope)

Attachments:
                QucsStudio
                Keymaster

There’s indeed a bug in the substrate capacitance that causes this problem. If you set Cjs of the BJT to zero, it should work. You can add the Cjs value to Cj of the diode in order to reach the same value again.

Thanks for reporting the problem! It will be fixed in the next release.

azozaya
                  Participant

Thank you very much

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.