Home Forums Bug Reports Harmonic balance voltage wrong in equation on schematic

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Toll_N
    Participant

I’ve created and attached a simple, harmonic balance simulation which has equations y1 and y2 using the diode voltage on the schematic.  When I tabulate the values of y1 and y2 on the data display they are wrong. u_RF is out of step with the y1 values. This looks like a bug to me.

Attachments:
      Toll_N
      Participant

The formatting didn’t work out too well in my first attempt. Here is a copy of the text:

I’ve created and attached a simple, harmonic balance simulation which has equations y1 and y2 using the diode voltage on the schematic.
        When I tabulate the values of y1 and y2 on the data display they are wrong.
        u_RF is out of step with the y1 values. This looks like a bug to me.

QucsStudio
        Keymaster

Thanks a lot for the report! I can reproduce the bug and will fix it. It comes from the oversampling. So if you set the numbers of the harmonics equal in the HB component (e.g. both 16), I should work.

Toll_N
          Participant

Thanks for the response.

If I set both to 16 in the Harmonic balance properties dialogue box it works. Both sets of tabulated data in the data display are as expected and  the same.

Same if I set both to 15.

But the problem is still there if I set both to 14.

The workaround for now seems to be to set both to 15 (or greater).

What I’m aiming at is to set up an optimisation using the HB simulation. Having access to the OP1dB() function on the schematic page would be ideal.

And

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.