Home Forums Bug Reports Probaly a bug in calculation of average value in sweep

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    1andro1
    Participant

Hello,

First of all many thanks for the nice package!

The problem which I noticed is as follow. I am simulating a DC-DC power converter and I want to calculated the average current of a switch while I am making a sweep of two values. For calculation of the current I use the following equations:

Id = range(Isw.it, 4.5ms, 5ms)

Iavg = average(Id)

both equations are in one equation block. I noticed that the Iavg has only one value for both sweeps instead for two values for each sweep. Is that a normal behaviour or I made a mistake somewhere.

Best Regards,

Adriyan

QucsStudio
      Keymaster

Yes, this is a bug. Up to now, the simulation engine can’t handle the different dependency. But the GUI can. So, you can either write the equation directly into the diagram, or chose “Export=no” in the equation block and then simulate again.

1andro1
        Participant

Many thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately, I could not managed to make it work. I tried with Export=no in the equation, but then the value of the Id is not visible in the table (I am trying to print the values in the table). When I write the equations average(Id) in the table I get one value also. i guess the problem is in range function as I see Id as a single vector. But anyway, it is important that you know that there is a bug.

QucsStudio
          Keymaster

Yes, the range() function makes the trouble, because it creates a new dependency.

But it works, if you write “average(range(Isw.it, 4.5ms, 5ms))” directly into the diagram.

It also works with “Export=no” in an equation component. But then, the equation must be in the same document like the diagram. I.e. if you use a different document for the diagrams than for the schematic, place the equation together with the diagrams. “Export=no” is not necessary then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.