Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Regarding GTUMAX computed value vs handcalculated value #9276
    hptrivedi95
    Participant

      Hi Max and QucsStudio community,

      The document in the link below is helpful in resolving my query. In short, the Mason’s unilateral gain function in QucsStudio plots the inherent gain of device which is independent of matching networks while including stability factor and does not fix |S12| = 0.  This makes it invariant and important FoM.  The GTUMAX which I hand calculated is different as it assumes  |S12| = 0 and conjugate match at input and output.

      https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/137392

      Thanks
      Best Regards
      Het (KJ5BEI)

      hptrivedi95
      Participant

        Hi Max,

        Please view the attached image, which reports the maximum unilateral transducer gain from equations computed in QucsStudio using S-parameters as 32.8 dB (equations are also visible). This is because the image of .s2p file I attached was extracted directly from the schematic. The formula given in the technical document reduces to the one that I mentioned in the previous post under the conditions of a unilateral maximum approach to gain. It is also mentioned in chapter – 3 page 230 of Microwave Transistor Amplifier Analysis Design, 2nd Edition by Guillermo Gonzalez.

        I am where I started. However, thank you for your prompt response and debug suggestion.

        PFA
        Best Regards
        Het (KJ5BEI)

      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)